Happy Rail not e-mailing Regional Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 10:34:55 #816940

The notes to the link to Happy Rail for the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass clearly state that the pass will be emailed within 1 working day if the e-mail delivery box is ticked. I ordered 4 passes early this morning and received an invoice from Happy Rail stating that the passes will be sent by email except for Regional Passes in Switzerland which will be sent by post.

I am leaving for Switzerland tomorrow morning so if there are sent by post that will be too late.

I have emailed Happy Rail twice to two different email addresses but have had no response.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone at MySwissAlps.com know whether there’s been a change of policy? Have anyone at MySwissAlps.com help urgently please?

New info. 11.30am 28/07/18: I have just found this on Happy Rails’s FAQs: “The Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the regional passes are not yet available as e-tickets.” This contradicts what it says on the booking site (where there is clearly a e-mail delivery option and what it says on MySwissAlps.com notes. Help!

Thanks

Phil

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2018 at 10:56:07 #889645

Hi Phil,

I am quite sure that they haven’t updated their texts yet (FAQ and e-mail), since e-mailing the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is a pretty new option. All the other regional passes are still being shipped physically. I expect you to receive the pass soon. If you leave your order number here in the forum I’ll notify them about your question, and ask them to double check their texts. I expect them to reply to your e-mail as well but that may take a few hours.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 13:42:43 #889646

Thanks Arno. All is now sorted and Happy Rail have assured me that they will change their FAQs and their email acknowledgements in due course. It was a bit of a shock when I first saw their confirmation saying they would post the passes but they have assured me that all Bernese Oberland Rail Passes will be emailed if that is what the customer requests, despite the email acknowledgement saying otherwise.

Can I just say what a brilliant site MySwissAlps.com is – it has saved me so much time and money and you and Lucas have always responded so promptly to my forum posts.

Thanks

Phil

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2018 at 13:44:58 #889647

Good to hear it’s all fine. And thanks for your compliments – glad to help!

Enjoy your trip,

Arno

• The thread ‘Happy Rail not e-mailing Regional Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.