HappyRail Swiss Travel Passes delivered later

• Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    9 July 2018 at 9:32:57 #817169

Hi,

I ordered 2 Adult Swiss Travel Pass and 1 Family Card to get my daughter covered for my travel date of 1st May 2019 through this forum via HappyRail.com online

Although system allowed me to book passes and money was deducted but I received mail from their staff today that I have booked very early and they will be able to order only 3 month prior to departure

Now, I am worried as I have made huge payment for same.

Any help/support in this regard will be highly appreciated

Regards

Harjeet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2018 at 9:52:35 #890814

Hi Harjeet,

There is no need to worry. Happyrail is a trusted company; they will issue the passes as soon as possible. This is standard procedure if you book very early.

Does this answer your question?

Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    9 July 2018 at 9:53:32 #890815

Much thanks Arno…Much Relieved 🙂

hannahsmom
    Participant
    16 posts
    9 July 2018 at 18:25:23 #890816

Sorry to jump into someone else’s question, but I was wondering if you have a working relationship with this company. I question their attention to detail. I ordered a Flex pass-3 day and had it mailed as they aren’t available to print. I rechecked that I ordered and paid for the correct one. I did. But they sent me the regular 3 day STP. Good only for 3 consecutive days. I sent them an email about this. Now I wait. I hope they remember to send the email containing my Berner Oberland pass. My confidence in this transacton is fading.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2018 at 19:14:11 #890817

Hi Hannahsmom,

That sounds like a mistake on their end. Did your confirmation e-mail say “Swiss Travel Pass Flex” or “Swiss Travel Pass 3 days in 1 month”? I have no doubt they’ll solve this. They normally reply to e-mail within hours during office hours.

Please let me know your order number so I can see if I can reach out to them about this issue.

hannahsmom
    Participant
    16 posts
    9 July 2018 at 20:09:39 #890818

Thank you for your help. The order # JDOWZ6.

Leah

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2018 at 7:16:16 #890819

Thanks Leah. I passed it on and they will take a look at it soon.

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 July 2018 at 16:58:26 #890820

Is everything settled now Leah?

hannahsmom
    Participant
    16 posts
    11 July 2018 at 19:38:41 #890821

Well, they did respond quickly. But I have to mail them the wrong tickets they sent me, at my own expense and then they’ll send (hopefully) the correct ones to the Zurich airport for me to pick up on my arrival. Which defeats the purpose of ordering pre-trip. I’m trying not to stress too much over this. But lesson learned. Next time I’ll just buy passes at the train station when I get there. Meantime, I’m so excited for my 2nd trip to breathtaking Switzerland!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2018 at 5:29:46 #890822

Ah that is unfortunate. I think it isn’t a common problem but I get your frustration. I guess the concern is someone getting 2 different passes emailed to them and theoretically they could use both at that point.

No way for them to invalidate the incorrect one I think.

I’m sure the rest of the trip will go smoothly! Happy Travels!

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 July 2018 at 7:05:03 #890823

Hi Leah,

I’m glad to hear it’s being corrected, but it’s a hassle for sure. Most passes are “print@home” nowadays and the Swiss Travel Pass Flex will be too in the future, so they promised. That saves time and money, and might be the best option for you next time. Buying on arrival comes with its own set of disadvantages, like possible waiting times, taking opening hours into account, and not having a backup pass (print@home passes can be printed as many times as you want).

Personally I’d ask for a refund of the return shipping costs when all of this is over. If you received a different pass than you ordered that would be fair. They need the pass back to formally cancel it with the railways I think.

• The thread ‘HappyRail Swiss Travel Passes delivered later’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.