Hasliberg hiking: trails from Alpen Tower

• seru
    Participant
    50 posts
    8 July 2022 at 2:22:12 #827712

I was thinking about spending a day to go up the Alpen tower and hike the Sonnenberg trail or one of the dwarf trails ( Mägisalp to Bidmi or Kaserstaat to Lischen). Has anyone done these trails and any input? Is it possible to combine them into full day adventure? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    8 July 2022 at 8:55:42 #944064

Hi Seru,

There are plenty of hiking trails in Hasliberg. With kids, I recommend going all the way up to the Alpen Tower for the panoramic views then taking the cable car down to Magisalp to start your hike. If you have the whole day free, I would combine the Muggenstutz (Dwarf) and Kubelweg (Marblerun) trails in one day. The Muggestutz trail is about 4km, mainly downhill and takes you from Magisalp to Bidmi. The Kubelweg trail will add another 3km to the hike, and you will end up at Reuti where the base station is.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

seru
    Participant
    50 posts
    9 July 2022 at 18:39:17 #944065

Thanks Anna! We are thinking about doing this while we are in the Interlaken/Wengen area but only have a few days for hikes, so trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to make the trip over there. I am wondering how it compares to the other hikes in that area (e.g. Northface trail in Murren, Mannlichen to KS, First to Bachalpsee). If anyone has been on these hikes, I would love to hear about their experience.

Anna
    6362 posts
    9 July 2022 at 19:25:59 #944066

Hi seru,

The Muggestutz and Kubelweg are themed trails ideal for kids. Both comprise various ‘discovery stations’ for kids to learn and explore. I would say these trails are a great option if you are hiking with kids and if you’re based in the area. But travelling to Hasliberg might take some time if you’re coming from Wengen or Interlaken. The view from the Alpen Tower is beautiful . Check out the live webcam here: http://www.meiringen-hasliberg.ch/de/Info/Livecam. The trails provide mountain views but often you’ll be walking in shady forests (which is great on a hot, hot day).

If you’re interested in big panorama views, the Panoramaweg from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg and the trail from First to Bachalpsee are the better options in my opinion.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Hasliberg hiking: trails from Alpen Tower’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.