Having wrong year of birth on Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2019 at 14:16:55 #824224

Hello everyone,

I purchased a Swiss Half-fare card on Happyrail. I am not sure whether it is me or system mistake but the year of birth is wrong. I have contacted Happy rail through their contact platform and waited about 5h but haven’t had the answer. I don’t know what to do. Do anyone know if it is possible to change the year of birth on this card type?

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 October 2019 at 14:33:53 #923792

Hello Duonght142. and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I don’t think it is anything to worry about with a Swiss Half-fare Card. I have been travelling around Switzerland for almost 5 weeks and no one has asked me for any form of identification so they wouldn’t know if my date of birth was correct or not. Inspectors on trains have better things to do than check every field on a pass.

With the Swiss Travel Pass your date of birth dictates whether you are eligible for a youth price but not so with the SHFC.

By all means chase HappyRails but don’t lose sleep over it.

• The thread ‘Having wrong year of birth on Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.