Health question re- Jungfraujoch visit

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2010 at 11:27:10 #804064

My Wife and I are going to Switzerland next April and plan to go up the Jungfraujoch. My question is, as my wife has a little high blood pressure situation – should she take aspirin as a precaution because of the height and the thin air?
    Thank you Friends

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    7 December 2010 at 13:25:57 #832009

I think the best option is asking your GP, or other doctor who is aware of your wife’s situation. If I were you, that is what I would do… Lots of success, I hope both of you will enjoy Jungfraujoch without any problem!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2010 at 14:25:50 #832010

Thank you very much Olga. Looking forward to it greatly.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2010 at 2:57:44 #832011

Yes it can be scary place if she has already had problems at high altitude. Take it VERY easy at the top !
    I was nauseous and dizzy there, and it is VERY VERY cold !

• The thread ‘Health question re- Jungfraujoch visit’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.