Help finding this Swiss place in these photos

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2018 at 23:57:53 #814033

Hi, i would really like to go to this place on the pictures. if anybody can help me finding this (Pictures) place would be wonderfull. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 8:36:13 #874258

Hi pyton01 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

That’s a tough one…are you looking for the area or the accommodation?

Is it an advertisement for something? It could be/ probably is a private house they shot that at.
    Sorry I can’t be of more help here!

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 January 2018 at 9:34:36 #874259

Hi pyton01,

The valley in the first show reminds me of the Rhone valley, but I can’t tell for sure and certainly no exact location. Any additional details you may have could help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2018 at 9:56:11 #874260

im just looking for the area (village). i have another photo. if you can recognize the area would be a great help….thank you

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 January 2018 at 3:33:33 #874261

Hi pyton01 –

Looks a bit like the Rhone Valley,as Arno says.

I thought at first you might be looking toward Brig (down in the valley) from above Raron or Ausserberg. But, the mountain with a big chunk cutout of it does not match. I’ve hiked above the Rhone Valley in that general area few times, so if you could find an image that shows the landscape, instead of the truly charming dogs and people, it would help.

Any clues at all, such as a name vaguely remembered, would help.

And, the images are heavily processed, if that gives you any clues.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Help finding this Swiss place in these photos’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.