Help, Tell-Pass not delivered to hotel

• Pogo
    Participant
    11 posts
    25 December 2018 at 20:08:01 #819269

I ordered our 4 tell passes from happy rail and was told they could not be sent to US and we could not pick them up at airport due to office closed on Christmas. . They advised sending to our hotel in Lucerne. I’ve now arrived and hotel does not have them. They were to have been sent around 10 december to have arrived that Friday per Happy Rail. Confirmation number was ZVZVOX. Need them for trip planned to Rigi tomorrow. Any advice on how to proceed? I’ve written an email to them but not sure if anyone will answer on Christmas. Thanks for any help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 December 2018 at 20:35:27 #900893

Hi Pogo,

I’m sorry to hear that! I expect HappyRail to be closed tomorrow because of the holidays, so they should answer on the 27th. I’ll contact them as well for you, to be sure they respond as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, if you need tickets for your day trip you can purchase them from the staffed ticket office at the Lucerne train station, but it’s up to you to decide whether you want to do that before knowing for sure what went wrong with the passes. It’s unfortunate but I’m sure it will be solved in the end.

Pogo
    Participant
    11 posts
    25 December 2018 at 20:44:52 #900894

Thanks very much Arno. Merry Christmas!

Yes- we will just have to buy our tickets for tomorrow as we go in the morning for a planned outing on Rigi I am hoping happy rail would either reimburse us for the cost of that trip or refund our passes in total as we are only here 4 days and it really not deal if we can’t use it the 1st 2dayS . I really appreciate your response and help.

i am assuming since I bought from happy rail no one at SBB at train station in Lucerne could help?

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 December 2018 at 22:04:05 #900895

Merry Christmas Pogo! Only HappyRail can help with this, or the postal services if you received a parcel tracking code from HappyRail.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 December 2018 at 16:00:51 #900896

Hi Pogo,

Were you able to sort this out with HappyRail? They should have contacted you today.

Pogo
    Participant
    11 posts
    27 December 2018 at 20:05:29 #900897

Yes- thank you

We ended up repurchasing our tell passes on Dec 26 via SBB at the station since we had plans requiring train travel. I emailed Happy Rail that our passes had not arrived and requested a refund.

I received an email this morning that they will refund our money and with apologies that the passes had not arrived.

Really excellent customer service (I have to say I was prepared to have to fight for a refund and was so happy it was simple)

Thank you Arno for your calm responses and advice on Christmas night. That is amazing service as well!

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 December 2018 at 6:49:46 #900898

Thanks for the follow up Pogo. I’m happy to hear it has been solved. The mail services have been extremely busy because of the holidays, perhaps that was the reason for the issue. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your stay!

• The thread ‘Help, Tell-Pass not delivered to hotel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.