Help me to plan a 4 day Swiss visit in december

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2015 at 20:40:53 #807295

Hi, i will b reaching Zurich on 1st december by morning train from Paris with my parents, my wife and my sister. Got a return flight back home from paris on 5th afternoon 1525 hrs. please suggest places to visit, nightstays for 5 adults and most convenient transportation basis we are in Switzerland for some snow & sightseeing… thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 May 2015 at 7:00:36 #843428

Hi Nimit,

Welcome on our website! There are a lot of options. Here are a few suggestions to consider:

• Zermatt: somewhat isolated beautiful car free village in the mountains. Not a good base to see attractions around Switzerland, but perfect to relax and to enjoy the surrounding nature. You can combine Zermatt and St. Moritz. They’re connected by the Glacier Express.
    • Lucerne: a larger historical town/city. Not in the mountains but very close to them. Lots of things to do and see here: museums, boat trips, peaks.
    • Jungfrau region: there are larger (Interlaken) and smaller (Grindelwald) towns here. Preferably to be reached from Zurich via the Golden Pass line.

Please see the links for more details and hotel suggestions. Note that early December is still low season and Winter is only just beginning. Snow is not guaranteed in the valleys, but there will be snow on the peaks. A few cable cars may be closed.

Note that you don’t need to travel to Zurich. That’s a detour for all the suggested town. You can get off the train from Paris in Basel and travel straight to your destination from there. It’s all in the timetable.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 May 2015 at 23:12:22 #843429

<<“Note that early December is still low season and Winter is only just beginning. Snow is not guaranteed in the valleys, but there will be snowon the peaks. A few cable cars may be closed.”>>

And. many but not all hotels, inns and restaurants in the ski regions (Berner Oberland) will be closed until mid- to late- December.

And, even in some other regions. Between seasons is when the inn keepers and family run hotels take their breaks. Big city hotel are of course, open.

There will be no problem getting around, eating, and sleeping, but choices may be limited compared to high season (higher prices in high season…;-) )

• The thread ‘Help me to plan a 4 day Swiss visit in december’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.