Help needed

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2012 at 11:27:34 #804907

keeping lucerne as my base can i do day trip of the following exursions?
    and in how many days?
    PILATUS
    TITILIS
    STANSERHORN
    SCHILTHORN
    GORNERGRAT
    MATTERNHORN
    RIGI

thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    16 February 2012 at 9:33:29 #834821

Hi hindocha,

Mount Pilatus, Mount Rigi and Stanserhorn are in the vicinity of Lucerne, Mount Titlis is a bit further away. You can take your time and visit these destinations on four separate days, or you can combine them and visit them in three (or even two??) days.

If I were you I’d take one day for visiting Schilthorn (magnificent on a beautiful day!).

Reaching the region of Zermatt (Gornergrat, Matterhorn) will take about 3 1/2 hours by train (one way). In my view it would be a pity to use only one day for this beautiful part of Switzerland.

The Swiss timetable can be of help making your choices and planning your trips.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2012 at 13:24:31 #834822

Thanks wandermann for your reply
    I have made some changes regarding my base

I would be staying at

ZERMATT for 2 nights

LUCERNE for 3 nights

ZURICH for 2 nights

Please suggest

Thanks

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    17 February 2012 at 17:29:41 #834823

Hello hindocha,

Concerning Zermatt and Lucerne I don’t think I have anything to add to my previous post.

If you want to find possibilities for day trips or activities in or around Zürich, you may find the search option of this forum (top right corner of the screen) very useful.

May be you would like to visit the Rhine falls near Schaffhausen? Just a possibility during your stay in Zürich.

If you like to visit a museum I can recommend the Swiss National Museum

Good luck with planning your stay

• The thread ‘Help needed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.