Help needed for swiss trvl in august

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2011 at 6:05:22 #804408

Hi,

Me n my husband will b travelling from Itay to swiss in aug second week…I hav few queries:

V hav planned a rough itinerary for 4D/3N which is as below:

Day1: Milan-spiez-interlaken(train)
    Day2: Interlaken-jungfraujoch-interlaken
    DaY3: Interlaken-Engelberg(Mt Titlis)-Zurich
    Day4: Zurich(Rhine Falls)-Milan

V r plannin to buy swiss pass,so whether these routes will b covered under it???(except from italy-swiss)
    N also v r confused whether to go to trummelbach glacial falls or rhine falls..which option is good??
    can u also suggest some budget hotels in interlaken n zurich???

thanks…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 June 2011 at 9:02:48 #833210

Hi nandita194,

Welcome to the forum! Yes, your itinerary is completely covered (mountain transport is discounted). For details, you best check the map we link to from the Swiss Pass page.

The Trümmelbach Falls and the Rhine Falls are totally different. The Trümmelbach is “cave like” within the mountain. The Rhine fall is much larger and out in the open. It’s a matter of what appeals to you most.

Budget hotels are listed here.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2011 at 7:46:49 #833211

Hi,

Thanks for the reply…:-)

I was chkin site http://www.goldenpass.ch to take golden pass train from Interlaken to Luzern..Do v need to buy a seperate pass/tkt to trvl in tht train or else if v hav swiss pass/swiss flexi pass v can trvl free on it…
    the golden pass line shows luzern to zurich too so can v trvl to zurich in golden pass train itself from luzern??
    wats the difference between goldenpass train n normal trains???

Annika
    7125 posts
    21 June 2011 at 5:53:43 #833212

Hello nandita. The ride itself on the Golden Pass train is for free with a Swiss Pass or a Swiss Flexi Pass (provided that you use a free travel day), but you do have to pay an additional seat reservation. The Golden Pass line runs from Lucerne (not Zurich) to Interlaken. Golden Pass trains have larger panoramic windows, allowing you to enjoy the view better than in regular trains.

• The thread ‘Help needed for swiss trvl in august’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.