Reservation Milan-Interlaken for Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 5:15:30 #821637

Dear All,

I have just bought a 4 days consecutive swiss pass for me and my family. We will be travelling from Milan to Interlaken. As I have understood, we only need to buy ticket from Milan to Domodossola and rest of the leg till Interlaken will be covered on swiss pass. My question is, how to do that? Shall I only search for Milan to Domodossola on SBB and buy that ticket? Or is there a system in place in which I can specify that I have a swiss pass and it can take care of the rest?

Also, how can I make the reservation for Milan to Interlaken?

I bought the swiss pass online from the SBB Ticket Shop. When I am trying to sign up for the SwissPass page and SBB app login, it says it needs a customer number which is not on the PDF I have received. I have made an account on SwissPass but it is not linked to my ticket shop account and I can’t see my swiss pass details there. Can please anybody help me to figure this out?

Many thanks.

Atif

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 May 2019 at 5:25:42 #912344

Hello Atif,

You seem to be doing a bit of doubling up here http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/help-reservation-with-swiss-pass. Patience please.

The Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Pass are two separate things. They can’t be linked.

For travel from Milan see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy and especially the bit that says “An alternative to booking a ticket to the Swiss border station, is to book a ticket for the “passholder fare”. That’s a ticket for the entire route for people who own a rail pass for Switzerland or Italy. The ticket is cheaper than a regular ticket because the leg covered by the rail pass is free. An advantage of this fare is that it includes a seat reservation for the entire route, not just to the border. Passholder fares are not always available, nor needed (because seat reservations are not required within Switzerland). If they’re unavailable, you simply book to the border.” To claim the discount equivalent to the Swiss Travel Pass use the “GA” discount option for within Switzerland.

If you pick an EC train you will go straight through to Brig or beyond. If you want the most scenic route add via Kandersteg to your Milan to Interlaken search. It takes a bit longer but you will then travel between Brig and Spiez on the Regio-Express Lötschberger train over the traditional, more than 100 year old mountain route, giving you a wonderful view along the impressive peaks and down into the Rhone Valley.

See how you go with that.

• The thread ‘Reservation Milan-Interlaken for Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.