Help! Swiss travel passes left too late…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2016 at 22:34:55 #809678

Hello, we are leaving SF on July 19 and have train travel starting July 30 from Rome to Wengen. Once in Wengen, we will stay in one place and do short trips for hiking plus a boat trip on one of the lakes and a trip up to Jungfraujoch. On August 7 we will travel by train from Wengen to Paris. My issue is that I went to buy a Swiss Combi (tranfer and 1/2 fare card) just now and Raileurope is saying delivery must be in paper and will take 8 days!! I thought in 2016 these tickets would be printable at home, online, etc. Please help – I understand buying it in Europe is much more expensive? Should I buy them at home and deliver it to our hotel in Rome just before July 30? Thank you so much in advance. Erica

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 July 2016 at 5:44:36 #854179

Hi Erica, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Not all passes can be printed at home yet. Even if that’s an option, it takes 1 – 3 business days to process and e-mail orders. All of this will improve, but this is how it works at the moment.

Swiss Travel Passes, as you wrote in the thread title, can be printed at home. But the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi can’t be printed at home, regardless of where you buy it. You can’t buy it in Switzerland either. There are still ways for you to get it in time. All options are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket/ price (select the product under “Rail product” and click “Show results”).

I might be wrong but did you only check http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-transfer-ticket-half-fare? They indeed only offer 8-day delivery. But you can buy through http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-transfer-ticket-with-half-fare-card-combi/index.html as well. As this is a last minute order they will need to use overnight shipping to get it to you in time, so that’s more expensive than usual. Another option is to order through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en, pick a different delivery address, and have it shipped to your hotel in Rome. Those shipping costs are reasonable. If there’s a specific date you need it to receive it at the latest, you can indicate that in the Notes field.

I hope this helped you out.

• The thread ‘Help! Swiss travel passes left too late…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.