Hergiswil to Lucerne by boat on my way to Titlis

Hergiswil to Lucerne by boat on my way to Titlis

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
aznqt703
aznqt703
6 posts
Mar 10, 2017 - 2:05 PM

I am thinking of either doing a boat trip from Lucerne to Hergiswil or Hergiswil to Lucerne as part of one of my travel routes back from Mt Titlis. I am trying to find where I can view a timetable or search. When I go to the Lake Lucerne site it sends me to the SBB site and all the routes they display are train routes only. Can someone direct me where I need to go?

Lucas
Lucas
3103 posts
expert &
Mar 10, 2017 - 5:40 PM in reply to aznqt703

Hi Aznqt703,

When you go on the SBB timetable, and enter your to and from towns hit search, then click on advanced search and de-select all forms of transport except ships (check marks) and hit search again.

By default, the SBB site shows you the quickest options - you have to force it to show you others!

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 10, 2017 - 9:17 PM by Arno
Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1107 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2017 - 12:09 AM in reply to aznqt703

You can also download a timetable showing all boat departures from Hergiswil for the dates you wil be there.

It's only in German, but the key words are:

"Abfahrt der Schiffe": ship departure times.

"Richtung": direction

"Rundfahrt": round trip

"Zeichenerklärung": explanation of symbols

Explanations for some of the symbols are in English as well as German.

Departure times by calling point 2017 (Calling points are in alphabetical order after Luzern.)

http://www.lakelucerne .ch/en/timetable-fares/timetable/

Alpenrose

Last modified on Mar 12, 2017 - 12:13 AM by Alpenrose666
aznqt703
aznqt703
6 posts
Mar 13, 2017 - 4:47 PM in reply to aznqt703

thanks for the advice. Looks like there are no boats running from Hergiswil until April 14th of 2017. That would make sense as to why I tried both methods you suggested and was not able to find anything. On the SBB there did no show any boat trips and on the Lake Lucerne schedules, the timetable by port for the winter season did not even list Hergiswil as a port

Arno
Arno
9572 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2017 - 6:37 AM in reply to aznqt703

Hi Aznqt703,

There are boats operating from Hergiswil to Lucerne on April 14. You can find them in both timetables provided in the previous post, but the number of boats per day is limited.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017