Hi! Need Help with Swiss Passes and Bookings…

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2015 at 16:00:39 #807218

What sort of pass should i buy and how many days worth? Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Pass,Bernese Highland Pass? So Many!! 2 Adult and 1 Youth. half fare card 3(120) Euro

The itinerary is 5 Aug 2015,

1) Paris to Zurich by train (39 Euros per person for TGV i think) Does any pass give any discounts? Do i have to book in advance or just buy a ticket on that day at the station?

Going to Zurich Zoo, Lake Zurich Boat Tour US$ 10, LANDESMUSEUM, FIFA.

7 Aug,

2) Train from Zurich to Interlaken 69 CHF per person. Does any pass give any discounts? Do i have to book in advance or just buy a ticket on that day at the station?

3) Train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch via Lauterbrunnen and back via Grindelwald. I only know that Jungfrau Railway is 124CF per person, have no idea how much the whole journey cost… For the Jungfrau rail, am i right to say that the Swiss Travel Pass only gives 25% discount while the Swiss Half Pass give 50%?? Do i have to book in advance or just buy a ticket on that day at the station?

8 Aug

4) The Brienzer Rothornbahn. Take a train runs up the mountain overlooking Brienz . From Interlaken, via Golden Pass route, via Brienz and Meiringen, to Giswil. Postbus along the Glaubenbielen Pass to Sörenberg. Cable car up Brienzer Rothorn; Cogwheel train down to Brienz; Walk over to the boat dock and take a boat to Interlaken. Does any pass give any discounts? Do i have to book in advance or just buy a ticket on that day at the station?

9 Aug

Caving in St. Beatus Caves, Cruise Thunersee or Brienzersee boat ride

10 Aug

5) Train from Interlaken to Venice..118CF per person. Does any pass give any discounts? Do i have to book in advance or just buy a ticket on that day at the station?

Would really appreciate any help… my head is about to explode… The description on the Swiss Travel Pass website is so vague… Unlimited travel throughout the rail, bus and boat … But apparently not all rails… Thanks for your help in advance…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 May 2015 at 10:26:33 #843072

Hi JeremiahYang,

Welcome to our website! Rail passes can be quite overwhelming, I understand. Did you already visit our Swiss Travel Pass page at myswissalps.com /swisstravelpass? It explains all the details: how it works, where to buy, a detailed map of what’s included, and even a video with the basics. There are similar pages for all other passes.

In order to choose a pass, please follow the instructions here.

Tickets to/from France and Italy are explained here:

Please feel free to post back if any questions remain.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2015 at 11:28:26 #843073

.Thank You very much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2015 at 10:36:26 #843074

Hi.I got 3 questions.

1) I like to ask which pass would be more suitable for me? Regional Pass Bernese Oberland or the Swiss Travel Pass?

8 Aug

Train from Zurich to Interlaken 69 CHF per person.

Train from Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch via Lauterbrunnen and back via Grindelwald.

9 Aug

Caving in St. Beatus Caves, Cruise Thunersee or Brienzersee boat ride

10 Aug

2) Train from Interlaken to Venice..118CF per person. Only Swiss Travel Pass has discount for train form Swiss to Italy?

3) Regional Pass Bernese Oberland offers a 50% discount while Swiss Travel Pass offers a 25% discount for the Jungfraujoch rail. Am i right?

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 May 2015 at 10:49:13 #843075

Hi JeremiahYang,

You can best follow the instructions I referred to in my earlier post. It takes some time, but it’s the best way to choose from the various passes. All details you need for that are right here on our website, including all the maps that show what’s included in any of the passes.

• The thread ‘Hi! Need Help with Swiss Passes and Bookings…’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.