Hike and Jungfraujoch visit from Lauterbrunnen?

Hike and Jungfraujoch visit from Lauterbrunnen?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Impactedmind
Impactedmind
11 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 12:06 PM

Hi I'll be reaching and staying in lauterbrunnen from 17-19 June .

I needed a few suggestions for my jungfrajoch trip on the 18th . I was thinking I could combine it with a few hikes in the region.

One option is going to manlichen via grindewald in the morning hiking from manlichen to kliene scheidegg followed by jungfrajoch trip then coming back down via the lauterbrunnen side and possibly stopping to explore wengen (suggestions from wengen onwards ??)

How does this sound any suggestions of what else can I do.

Also Ill be reaching lauterbrunnen on the 17th by noon so any ideas for that particular day ( murren gimmewald ) or somethimg like that.

Al help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Travelholic6
Travelholic6
29 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 1:37 PM

Hi ..

1. You could go up from Lauterbrunnen to Murren by Cable Car . Spend some time walking thru Murren ...You could hop onto a cable car that takes you to Schilthorn.

Else you could do a scenic trek from Murren to Gimmelwlad ....and another trek down to Stechelberg.

2. On the other day when you head to Jungfraujoch ..on the way back suggest you come back via Grindelwald ...There are some scenic teaks in grindelwald as well.

Cheers

Impactedmind
Impactedmind
11 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 1:55 PM in reply to Travelholic6

Hi thanks for the reply .

Can you suggest a few treks near grindewald. What about the manlichenn to kleine scheidegg walk.?? In what direction should that be done .

Travelholic6
Travelholic6
29 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 5:36 PM in reply to Impactedmind

1. Grindelwald has a wide open valley on both sides of the Eiger . You can do small treks here on either side .

# You can take the gondola to First . Here there are two interesting hike options.

You may either chose to do the hike to Grosse Scheidegg that takes about 1 hr 30 mins on fairly comfortable terrain

Else ..you can take the walk to Bachalpsee (about 2 hrs) on a wide trail road which usually has a lot of hikers . From Bachalpsee you can take the steeper hike (1hr 30 mins) to Faulhorn . There is a restaurant ..you can take the Gondola on the way back or trek back

2. From Manlichen the trek to Klein Scheidegg is enjoyable and the mastic of Jungfrauch . It is a easy walk and quite scenic and take about 1 hr 30 mins again ...till you run into the sea of people at Klein Scheidegg.

Trust this helps ...Cheers

Lucas
Lucas
6329 posts
expert &
Jun 3, 2018 - 6:52 PM in reply to Impactedmind

We have detailed hiking options for Grindelwald listed here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/grindelwald/acti vities
Be sure to have a read through them - they list routes, difficulty, how to get there etc.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018