Hiking options on Mt. Rigi

Hiking options on Mt. Rigi

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Travelbug53
Travelbug53
61 posts
Jul 9, 2017 - 7:43 AM

Heklo friends!

i thought I was done with questions but I have one last one. We are debating between a hike today from Rigi Kulm to Rugi Kaltbad or Rigi Staffelhöhe to Freibergen. Which has better views and is less steep? THANK YOU!

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2017 - 9:31 AM in reply to Travelbug53

Hi TravelBug53,

I haven't done either hike yet but I believe the popular option is often Rigi Staffelhöhe to Freibergen. You can find a description here.

Lucas

Last modified on Jul 9, 2017 - 9:32 AM by Lucas
Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hi Travelbug53,

Those two hikes partly overlap. The second one gets you a mixture of open meadows and forest, the first one is mainly meadows and starts relatively steep, but doable if I remember well. Both are very short walks. You could start at Kulm and just see how far you get.

Travelbug53
Travelbug53
61 posts
Jul 9, 2017 - 8:44 PM

Thank you Lucas and Arno. We walked from Rigi Kulm to Rigi Kaltbad. Amazing views! We beat the rain and reached Lucerne just as it started raining heavily. We couldn't have asked for better weather during the last three days. We feel so lucky! We made it all three mountains!

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2017 - 9:11 AM in reply to Travelbug53

Great to hear! I hope the weather holds up for you.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017