Hiking Maps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 January 2013 at 14:36:45 #805735

I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip to hike a portion of the Alpine Pass Route. Ideally I would like to start around the Fluelen/Engelberg area and hike into the Berner Oberland area, then take a trail south to Zermatt area. I would like to find a map that shows the basic routes in Switzerland, then from that get more detailed maps that would help me during the hike. Would you have any links for maps and a suggestion which map(s) to order? Thanks

Here is a link to a nice website someone has already posted breaking down each segment.
    http://www.activityworkshop.net/hiking/alpinepassroute/

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

andrew
    Participant
    146 posts
    3 January 2013 at 18:02:53 #837868

Hi Larry,
    The best place for maps and map advice – probably in the UK – is The Map Shop in Upton upon Severn. They really know their stuff and are happy to advise. See http://www.themapshop.co.uk
    Andrew

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2013 at 18:06:40 #837869

Thanks Andrew.

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 January 2013 at 9:11:00 #837870

Hi Larry. Great online maps for the Alpine Passes Trail are available at Wanderlandschweiz.ch. Detailed paper maps made by the Swiss Federal Office of Topography can be found here. Have fun preparing for your holidays!

• The thread ‘Hiking Maps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.