Hiking on the Alpenpässe Weg 6 in July?

Hiking on the Alpenpässe Weg 6 in July?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mjsummit
mjsummit
21 posts
Feb 14, 2018 - 3:08 AM

I am looking at a trek along the Alpenpasse -Weg 6 in early July.

From Rosswald (stage 13 ) to La Sage ( stage 19).

I am thinking 10 days of hiking plus 1 day of rest in the middle. If anyone can make a suggestion for a good spot in the middle for a rest day....?

Does this seem like a reasonable time frame for this section, using lifts and buses as needed and available. ?

( Last summer we did Engelberg to Lenk in 9 days, with some assists with lifts and buses )

I am wondering if anyone has any information or experience with this area.

There does not appear to be a lot of information available, but I am looking for something that is not very crowded so I hope this means it is a bit off the beaten path. On the Switzerland Mobility site there seems to be enough info to plan the trip although I saw at least one stage that did not have any info on accommodations. Specifically in Gspon.

Any input is greatly appreciated .

Thanks.

Arno
Arno
9869 posts
expert &
Feb 14, 2018 - 10:50 AM

Hi Mjsummit,

It is the route from Rosswald to La Sage near Evolène on the below map, right?

map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=de&land=wanderlan d&route=6&bgLayer=pk&l ayers=Wanderland&seaso n=summer&resolution=10 0&E=2654003&N=1135558

That is a magnificent area. Considering the amount of snow this winter, the higher sections (close to 3000 m) may or may not be passable in early July. It's too early to tell. Best you can do is contact local tourist offices around mid June, and ask about the conditions.

I don't think you'll be among crowds of tourists on this trail. Grächen and Jungen would be two places to consider for a day of rest. Grächen is much larger and definitely touristy. Jungen is very very small, I'm not even sure if there is a hostel there. Both are on the mountain, so very good views. Here's a link to the Jungen cable car: www.jungenbahn.ch

mjsummit
mjsummit
21 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 4:57 AM

Arno,

Thanks for your reply. This forum is a great resource.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018