Hiking on the Alpenpässe Weg 6 in July?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2018 at 3:08:11 #814355

I am looking at a trek along the Alpenpasse -Weg 6 in early July.

From Rosswald (stage 13 ) to La Sage ( stage 19).

I am thinking 10 days of hiking plus 1 day of rest in the middle. If anyone can make a suggestion for a good spot in the middle for a rest day….?

Does this seem like a reasonable time frame for this section, using lifts and buses as needed and available. ?

( Last summer we did Engelberg to Lenk in 9 days, with some assists with lifts and buses )

I am wondering if anyone has any information or experience with this area.

There does not appear to be a lot of information available, but I am looking for something that is not very crowded so I hope this means it is a bit off the beaten path. On the Switzerland Mobility site there seems to be enough info to plan the trip although I saw at least one stage that did not have any info on accommodations. Specifically in Gspon.

Any input is greatly appreciated .

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 February 2018 at 10:50:12 #876265

Hi Mjsummit,

It is the route from Rosswald to La Sage near Evolène on the below map, right?

map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=de&land=wanderlan d&route=6&bgLayer=pk&l ayers=Wanderland&seaso n=summer&resolution=10 0&E=2654003&N=1135558

That is a magnificent area. Considering the amount of snow this winter, the higher sections (close to 3000 m) may or may not be passable in early July. It’s too early to tell. Best you can do is contact local tourist offices around mid June, and ask about the conditions.

I don’t think you’ll be among crowds of tourists on this trail. Grächen and Jungen would be two places to consider for a day of rest. Grächen is much larger and definitely touristy. Jungen is very very small, I’m not even sure if there is a hostel there. Both are on the mountain, so very good views. Here’s a link to the Jungen cable car: http://www.jungenbahn.ch

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 4:57:10 #876266

Arno,

Thanks for your reply. This forum is a great resource.

• The thread ‘Hiking on the Alpenpässe Weg 6 in July?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.