Hotel suggestions near Montreux under CHF 220/nt

• autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    29 November 2017 at 13:49:11 #813749

I was looking at hotel Bristol in Montreux (price is good), but it didn’t excite me from reviews/pictures. For a bit more we could stay at the Grand du Lac Excelsior nearby. But again, not excited about that. Then, I looked at Suisse Majestic and love it! But, it is definitely more pricey! Should we splurge? A BnB was recommended near Vevey, but they are booked

Or, are there other good options? We are not set on Montreux, but like the idea of being able to walk the vineyard areas nearby and take a day trip to Geneva, as well as visit a thermal spa in the area. But, then- there are probably lots of places that fit this! Can you help me find a place I am as excited about as we are about Hotel Baeren in Wengen somewhere in this French/Swiss region? We would like to stay at or under 220 nt (breakfast included is great!). We don’t prefer modern/contemporary. We do like clean, appealing, cute little town area, and AC is great!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 November 2017 at 18:42:43 #872431

Hi Autumnz,

If you want something similar to Wengen, then Glion would be an option. It’s on the mountain overlooking Montreux and Lake Geneva. It’s easy to reach by a funicular and a cogwheel train. It is tiny so not much accommodation. The main hotel there is the Victoria Glion which I expect to be over budget if you book a lake view room. But if you want to splurge this not a bad place to do so 🙂

Another place to look into is the Eurotel down in Montreux on the lake.

Please include the dates of your stay if we can provide more assistance to you.

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    29 November 2017 at 19:01:43 #872432

Aug 1-4, with a 730 train to airport on the 4th.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 November 2017 at 19:38:15 #872433

Ok, thank you. So are the suggested hotels an option for you? Did you check the list at http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux/hotels for hotels that may fit your preferences?

autumnz
    Participant
    81 posts
    29 November 2017 at 19:52:21 #872434

Yes, and I looked at tripadvisor reviews/pictures also. I didn’t know if there was a “best kept secret” like the BnB that I saw was recommended (but booked). I think I’ll splurge on the Majestic.

Thank You,

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 November 2017 at 21:40:01 #872435

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it there. The location is very convenient: across the train station and very close to the lake.

• The thread ‘Hotel suggestions near Montreux under CHF 220/nt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.