Hotel in Wengen for first week of June

• TLSLP_1
    Participant
    5 posts
    4 March 2022 at 12:57:21 #826602

We are a family of 3 (with 14 year-old) that will be staying in Wengen for 3 nights during the first week of June 2022. I have narrowed our stay to Silberhorn, Sunstar, & Schonegg. We want to be near the train station & center of town and want a restaurant/bar on site. I like Silberhorn the best (I think??), but it is also the most expensive. Any feedback on these 3 hotels to help me make a choice? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    4 March 2022 at 15:35:27 #939210

I highly recommend Hotel Bellevue Wengen. Amazing views, great innkeeper, awesome dinner meals and breakfast buffet.

TLSLP_1
    Participant
    5 posts
    4 March 2022 at 15:55:13 #939211

Thank you. I did look at that property, and I have seen other recommendations – so it must be nice. However, I was hoping to be closer to the train station.

taurus0515
    Participant
    107 posts
    4 March 2022 at 16:23:25 #939212

Please checkout this place: Arenas Resort Victoria-Lauberhorn.

Also, wengen.sunstar.ch/

Anna
    6382 posts
    4 March 2022 at 18:38:48 #939213

Hi TLSLP1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Wengen is a fairly small town, so most hotels are at walking distance from the train station. You can search for suitable hotels in Wengen here: http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen/hotels

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    4 March 2022 at 19:28:25 #939214

Here my contribution / suggestion.

Hotel Caprice – bar and restaurant on site. VERY close to the train station. EXCELLENT views.

Jayjay
    Participant
    15 posts
    4 March 2022 at 22:30:52 #939215

The Hotel Belvedere every time. Great evening meal buffet style so really suitable for children. Wonderful views from the rooms on the side and on the front. Wouldn’t stay anywhere else. Everywhere is close to the railway station!

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    5 March 2022 at 11:50:33 #939216

We have been visiting Wengen regularly since 1981 and over the years have stayed at various hotels. This week we returned from a skiing trip there where, for the first time, we stayed at Hotel Bären. We’ll certainly be staying there again. Everything was wonderful and especially the food. Half board guests can choose from the a la carte menu and there are always other choices available for you to mix and match.

The owners and staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is situated about five minutes wander below the station but the hill is not too arduous and well worth it. At least the uphill bit is done at the beginning of the day so it’s downhill when you’re coming home in the evening. There are reviews of the hotel on the MyswissAlps Wengen hotels page linked above.

Andrew

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    6 March 2022 at 0:23:06 #939217

Andrew – 1981? Wow! I’ll bet you’ve seen a lot of changes over the years. The hotel you mentioned looks nice but I noticed on their description it say “…Located in Lauterbrunnen, Hotel Bären…

I saw on the map it is definately in Wengen… wonder why they say Lauterbrunnen?

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    6 March 2022 at 0:50:01 #939218

In theory Wengen is actually in the ‘parish’ of Lauterbrunnen, hence the apparent confusion. Hope this helps.

Andrew

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    6 March 2022 at 1:33:41 #939219

It does.

Thanks!

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    8 March 2022 at 6:30:35 #939220

Hello TLSLP 1,

I also stayed at the Victoria-Lauberhorn (before Arenas Resort took over). It has a spa, sauna, indoor saltwater pool and was reasonably priced. It also has a fabulous breakfast buffet with both hot and cold food. I never used any of the amenities simply because I was only in the hotel long enough to sleep, eat at the buffet, and leave for the day. But they were available. It also has an Italian restaurant attached, a bar, and 3 bars flanking it. One of which is near the entry to the Silberhorn, and stays open til 0500. (Yes, 5 am!). And its only steps from the rear of the train station. Turning right, its not even 15 meters to the hotels entry path. The Sunstar and Schonegg are about 4 min and 6-8 min walk, respectively from the train. You’re going to have a good time wherever you stay. Have you looked into any apartments, or chalets? That may be fun and/or more economical for 5 people. (Unless you don’t want to cook at all, which is understandable). Have fun.

Danielsan

TLSLP_1
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 March 2022 at 13:33:30 #939221

Thanks for the information, everyone!

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    8 March 2022 at 14:22:34 #939222

It all goes to show what a wide cross section of good hotels operate in Wengen. There’s only one hotel I have vowed never to stay in again. It’s many years ago but I found I slept more comfortably with the mattress on the floor than on the bed; the coffee after dinner had no coffee in the pot; one night they lost our dinner wine and finally, when we got there we found that there was no room for us for the first three nights. I’m sure it’s better now but last time I stopped by to visit friends the decor was much the same. A great atmosphere though.

Andrew

Katjoy
    Participant
    1 post
    8 March 2022 at 18:37:08 #939223

I highly recommend Jungfraublich Hotel. Very reasonable priced, nice rooms. We did upgrade to one of the corner rooms with floor to ceiling windows on all sides that overlook the Alps. Spectacular and worth every penny extra. We also paid for dinners/breakfast at the restaurant. The food was excellent and just nice to not have to walk somewhere after a long day of hiking to find a restaurant to eat at.

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    8 March 2022 at 21:12:53 #939224

Of the three hotels that you asked about, I’ve only stayed at the Hotel Schonegg, and can recommend it.

TLSLP_1
    Participant
    5 posts
    9 March 2022 at 14:46:14 #939225

Thank you for your suggestions! I ended up going with Sunstar. It was the least expensive of the 3, closer to the train station than Hotel Schonegg, and my daughter really wanted a pool. After 3 years of re-booking this trip due to Covid, we are so excited that it looks like it’s really going to happen this time.

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    9 March 2022 at 15:14:56 #939226

I’m sure you’ll be delighted with the Sunstar. From your short list it seems to me the bested suited for you, the pool will be great for your daughter and it’s not far and on the level for the station and most that Wengen has to offer. Have a lovely holiday. If you feel like a change of scenery one evening, do try the Hotel Bären for an excellent meal. You may need to book though. Andrew

TLSLP_1
    Participant
    5 posts
    9 March 2022 at 15:19:21 #939227

I’ll put that on my to-do list!!

• The thread ‘Hotel in Wengen for first week of June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.