Hotel Mittaghorn in Gimmelwald enquiry

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2018 at 1:09:35 #815200

Hi there,

Does anyone in the area know if Hotel Mittaghorn in Gimmelwald has closed? I e-mailed for a reservation back in January and was given an auto-response. It stated that they start booking end of March. I haven’t heard anything and still received an auto response when i sent a follow-up e-mail a couple days ago. I’m getting a little antsy as my trip is in less than two months. I thought I’d post on here in case someone knew something I didn’t.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Emily

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2018 at 7:57:04 #881419

Hi Emily,

I just gave them a quick phone call and their manager…well between my German and his English

I think he was referring to the manger/owner) is in England and they won’t be taking reservations until maybe May (he thinks). 🙂

Perhaps make a 2nd booking where you can cancel in another hotel in Gimmelwald or Mürren and try them again in early May.

• The thread ‘Hotel Mittaghorn in Gimmelwald enquiry’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.