Hotels in Luzern mid August max. $215/night

• jwozn
    Participant
    7 posts
    10 March 2016 at 2:40:41 #808576

Hello,

My wife and I (2 travelers) are looking to book a hotel in Luzern from August 17-20 (3 nights) for our first anniversary trip . We will be taking the train in and out of the city. We would like river view if possible but I’m not sure if it fits our budget, and a balcony. We also like places with character and within walking distance of the train. All four of these are nice to haves but not deal breakers!

I want to splurge on the Palace for $268 a night, but my wife says the budget is maxed at $215/night. Are there any hotels that will give us a comfortable stay with river views within our budget?

For non-river view within budget, we are considering:

Hotel Schlüssel (is it too loud?)

Hotel De la Paix

Hotel Weisses Kreuz

Hotel Stern (No balcony)

Hotel Pickwick (Booked for our dates, going to keep checking availability)

Thank you in advance!

– Joel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 March 2016 at 8:57:46 #849232

Hotel des Alpes is not bad,nice rooms, river views, although their kitchen is mediocre. Plenty of other places to eat.

You picked the most expensive time of year…go in March or April…room costs vary with season at many hotels. 😉

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/hotels

If you stay at the Palace, you will never forget the experience. Of course, if you also eat there and have some wine, you will never forget the bill. 😉

Often, their restaurant(s) are ranked number 1 in Luzern. I only ate there once, and the cuisine was exquisite. Someone else was paying.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 March 2016 at 10:05:02 #849233

Hi Joel,

Well, if you can splurge, Switzerland is the place to do it! The Palace is expensive but considered superb; especially with a lake view room, although these will be even more expensive.

Whether there’s more noise around Hotel Schüssel than others is hard to say. Many hotels in the town center are close to restaurants, and terraces may be filled up in August if the weather is fine.

I think indeed Hotel des Alpes is your best option for river view within budget.

• The thread ‘Hotels in Luzern mid August max. $215/night’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.