Zurich hotel for afternoon/evening before flight

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2019 at 16:42:23 #821018

We will be traveling to Zurich from St. Moritz and have an afternoon/ evening in Zurich before we fly back to US. Which hotel would be best to stay in and maximize out time in Zurich. Some hotels that we looked at are Hotel Helmhaus, 25 hours Hotel Langstrasse, Hotel Adler and Hotel St. Gotthard. Or would it be better to stay by the airport. Flifht in the morning is at 10 a.m. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 April 2019 at 17:48:05 #909545

Hi Shradha,

Since you have some hours to spend in town, I think you like a hotel in the center more than one in the airport area. You can easily reach the airport in the morning, it’s only a 10 minute train ride.

The last two hotels you mentioned are most convenient for getting to the train station. The one at the Langstrasse is not in the Old Town, which is ok but for such a short visit not what you want perhaps.

You’ll find further information and our suggested hotels here:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2019 at 18:09:55 #909546

Hello Arno – What about Hotel Helmhaus?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2019 at 19:41:55 #909547

Hi Shradha,

Definitely a nice choice, although I haven’t stayed there.
    It’s right in the old town. 15 mins walking or 10 by tram to the central station from where you have the
    10-15 min train ride to the airport.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2019 at 19:49:14 #909548

Thank you so much for all your help!

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    17 April 2019 at 13:11:47 #909549

I’ll just add my .02 here.

I’m doing just the opposite and starting my in Zurich upon my arrival. I’ll be staying at Hotel Schweizerhof which is right across from the train station. Very nice looking hotel and very convenient. Not the cheapest (I’m using points) but it’s a special trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2019 at 15:53:34 #909550

Thank you pkerr. That was our first choice too. But we will be in Zurich for half day and leave early in the morning back to US. I would spend that kind of money on a hotel if I was staying a few nights and be able to enjoy it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2019 at 14:27:02 #909551

Hi Shradha,

Depends on your plan in Zurich for half a day…. If to go Rhinefalls, stay near airport because airport station has lesser train platforms :D. If to cruise Lake Zurich, then stay near Zurich main station.

As for me, I stayed near the airport. (tram line 10) for 11am flight. The night before, I was able to hop onto a tram to Migros at the airport for last minute purchases and free sampling of many varieties of chocolates at Migros ;D

Regards,

May

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    26 April 2019 at 16:31:00 #909552

Hi Shreda,

I have stayed at the Adler, it is convenient and nice. I hace also stayed at hotel Arlette, a no-nonsense place closer to the main station.

You should be at 8 am at the airport, so plan to take a train at 7:30 am.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 8:55:26 #909553

Maybe I am late in my response but wanted to share my experience.

I arrived in Zurich late evening and had booked myself in Radisson Blu which is at the airport and you could walk in there along with your luggage cart.

For our return trip, my flight was at 10 am and I booked myself in Welcome Inn in Kloten which is 1 station away from airport however when booked with the directly ( not thru an aggregator site) they offer a free drop to airport in their shuttle which runs every 30 mins. Even if you book thru an aggregator they charge 10 CHF for a family of 4.

CHeers

Regards

Rohan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2019 at 9:51:41 #909554

Hello Rohan,

Thanks for sharing that input, definitely helpful for future guests!

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Zurich hotel for afternoon/evening before flight’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.