Hotels near Zurich Airport for group of 5

• SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    11 January 2023 at 0:25:21 #828866

Hello ! We are back planning for our second trip because we now need Switzerland in our lives 🤗🤗🤗. We will base this time in Thun or Spiez for 6 days, and 2 in Lucerne. We will use airbnb accommodations for those days. However, we want to be near the airport the night before our departure and I am having a hard time booking for a party of 5 in hotels near the airport. The reservations online only go up to 4 people. Am I doing something wrong? Will I have to split the group? I am asking for hotel recommendations within Kloten or airport vicinity with shuttle services preferably. We are looking to travel in June ☺️. Thank you very much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    11 January 2023 at 11:15:06 #949527

Totally understand the “need for Switzerland in my life” 😁

I always stay at the Hotel Allegra Lodge in Kloten for the night before departure. Great location and a quick 10 min bus ride to airport. Bus stop is right down the street from hotel and so is the train station. You’ll want to take the bus to airport instead of the train.

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    11 January 2023 at 13:26:35 #949528

The Raddison Blu is at the Zurich Airport and it is a short walk (underground) to the airport, perhaps 10 minutes. If they won’t let you book a room for 5 you will probably have to reserve 2 rooms I suspect. Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2023 at 13:31:12 #949529

The Ibis Budget and Sofitel are a couple of stops from the airport on the nice smooth Glattalbahn tram route 10. Much better than a bus ride!

SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    11 January 2023 at 14:00:06 #949530

Thank you so much! I will look into this.🤗🤗🤗

SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    11 January 2023 at 14:01:12 #949531

Thank you! I am just not used to just seeing reservations stop for 4 people. I might look into splitting rooms 🤗.

SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    11 January 2023 at 14:03:54 #949532

Thank you 1960man. I will look into this ☺️.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    11 January 2023 at 16:07:38 #949533

Dear Samlam,

Welcome back to myswissalps.com and wonderful you are visiting Switzerland for a second time!

A question, in regard to your group of 5, what would be the make-up of your group, all adults or a combination of adults and children? What would the ages of the children be if applicable. Sometimes this can affect the booking.

Quite often, should you experience problems with your booking, you could contact the hotel directly and ask if there is an option to have an additional bed (or cot) in the room, just a note, additional fees may be incurred for the extra bed or cot.

More information to hotels in the Zurich airport can be found here, (You will also find details which hotels offer a shuttle service too).

https://www.myswissalps.com/zurichairporthotels

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Yolanda

Dodgers1
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 January 2023 at 9:33:39 #949534

I suggest Holiday Inn Express airport- good location with a shuttle bus (6 francs per person) and nice breakfast from early morning

SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    12 January 2023 at 16:49:12 #949535

Thanks Yolanda 🤗. We have 4 adults and a 13 y/o in our group. In the US, they have family rooms with 2 queen beds and a pull over sofa. We have to declare how many are we in our reservation for fire safety here. I haven’t really have an experience with hotel rooms oversease bec we use airbnbs all the time . I appreciate your link . Thank you so much! You guys are sooo helpful!

SamIam
    Participant
    97 posts
    12 January 2023 at 16:50:18 #949536

Thank you so much ! I will check on this ! ☺️

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    13 January 2023 at 10:51:06 #949537

Thank you Samlam, I am sure you will find suitable accommodation. Some hotels here, I am sure also have the same configuration as you mention.

Feel free to reach out again, if need be.

Have a lovely day ahead.

Best wishes,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Hotels near Zurich Airport for group of 5’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.