How does the Hotel Card for Switzerland work?

• Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    13 November 2022 at 17:52:17 #828632

I am a regular user of MySwissAlps and have an interest in the Hotel Card that you are promoting. I emailed them in their “Have any questions” to the email they provided and have not heard back from them in the past 2 weeks. Maybe you can help me?

1) I am traveling to Switzerland in September 2023. Should I buy this discounted card now and utilize it next year as I begin to make my reservations?

2) The material indicates that it is valiid for 1 month. Should I get it now and perhaps make my reservations perhaps in March 2023 and make all of the reservations within 1 month?

3) Is there a listing of all of the participating hotels so that I can see if my favorites are on the list? I could not find this information in their literature.

Thank you,

Joejax

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 November 2022 at 20:08:53 #948319

Hi Joejax,

I’m sorry that you did not receive a reply. Did you check your spam folder? I will check with them too and get back to you asap.

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    13 November 2022 at 20:20:43 #948320

I do check my spam and did not see it. Maybe I missed it?

Joejax

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 November 2022 at 14:13:38 #948321

Hi Joejax,

They did reply to you, but then the mail bounced and they tried another address they found in your mail (Outlook?). Please find their reply attached. If you didn’t receive those e-mails, you can best check with your mail provider. They may have tuned their spam filter a bit too much. It happens a lot 🙁

The card must be purchased for the travel period, and it must be presented during check-in. Once purchased, booking for the validity period of the card is immediately possible. Booking earlier is best for availability.

So, in your case, you could buy the card for September now, and book whenever you like. You can get it here, with a discount: hotelcard.de/en/savingpass-myswissalps. There is also a 6-month card for people who want to use it for multiple trips: hotelcard.de/en/seasonpass-myswissalps.

You can find all hotels here, and book when you’re ready: hotelcard.de/en/search

I hope this gets you started. Enjoy!

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    14 November 2022 at 19:26:26 #948322

Thank you for providing the information to me Arno. I was also able to log in and see their response to me. I have the information that I was interested in. How long do you think the special lower cost will last?

Joejax

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 November 2022 at 7:47:49 #948323

You’re most welcome! There’s currently no end date for the offer, so I expect it to be available for a few more months at least.

• The thread ‘How does the Hotel Card for Switzerland work?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.