How is Jungfraujoch weather in end of May?

• MarvinH
    Participant
    18 posts
    13 August 2015 at 5:52:15 #807748

Hi Annike,

Thanks for your respond to my question is previous thread. It is very helpful. So, is it fair if I say that we still have a chance to get a good weather and clear sky during late May? Do you know how big is the chance to get the good weather and clear sky if I spare just 3 days there?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    13 August 2015 at 8:04:30 #845318

Hi MarvinH,

You sure have a chance to get good weather. On average, the amount of precipitation is a bit more in Summer, including May. But that does not mean it rains all day long. It can rain all day long, but usually it’s just a few hours or even less at the end of the day. But, anything is possible, and you won’t know for sure until you’ve watched the forecast on the prior evening. Even then things can turn out better or worse than predicted. Just be flexible and go up on the best weather day. That’s all you can do.

MarvinH
    Participant
    18 posts
    13 August 2015 at 9:37:44 #845319

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for the explanation. It is really helpful. Really appreciate it. Do you have any suggested things to do for 3 days visit in end of May in addition to Jungfraujoch which you think the best place should be visited? =)

Arno
    15478 posts
    13 August 2015 at 17:25:59 #845320

Hi MarvinH,

May is not high season; some cable cars might be closed (so check their timetable) and high altitude hiking trails are not accessible yet. Still there’s plenty to do. It depends on what you’re interested in. See myswissalps.com/bernes eoberland/ activities for suggestions, or myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion/ activities for only activities in the Jungfrau region. I would certainly include a boat trip. You’ll find them through the links.

• The thread ‘How is Jungfraujoch weather in end of May?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.