How to determine locations within city?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2016 at 18:13:44 #809652

I am trying to determine which station/location within each city is appropriate for where I am going. The list seems to be nondiscriptive. For example, I am trying to go from Interlaken to Brienz by boat having arrived in Interlaken Ost. How do I determine the boat dock location name?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 July 2016 at 8:39:19 #854006

Hi Waverunner, welcome to MySwissAlps!

One way to find names is to zoom in on the map at myswissalps.com/ mapswitzerland. It shows all train, bus, cable car and boat stops. In your case the name you are looking for is “Interlaken Ost (See)”, which is the boat dock besides the train station called “Interlaken Ost”. You can enter those names in the timetable to find schedules.

• The thread ‘How to determine locations within city?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.