How to find the best Swiss rail pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
myclene
myclene
1 post
Sep 17, 2015 - 6:49 PM

Hello there,

I am hoping you could assisst me in choosing the best swiss rail pass since I am planning to travel to switzerland in November. I feel quite overwhelmed by looking at all different passes and can't seem to select the best one for purchase.

Here is my itenary:

Day 1: Arrive in Zurich airport in the morning and travel to Lucerne ( Where our hotel is)

Day 2: Lucerne to Zurich for sight seeing (Take the train there and back to hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 3: Lucerne to Basel for sight seeing ( Back at the hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 4: Lucerne to Bern for sight seeing ( Back at the hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 5: Lucerne to Geneva ( Back at the hotel in Lucerne in the evening)

Day 6: Stay in Lucerne for sightseeing

Day 7: Staying in Lucene for sightseeing

Day 8: Lucerne to Zurich airport ( Last day going back)

Do you recommend a Swiss half fare card or point to point to tickets? Please advise.

Arno
Arno
12298 posts
expert &
Sep 18, 2015 - 5:00 AM

Hi myclene,

Sure, we're glad to help. If you go to this page you'll find a detailed explanation of how to choose a pass, and a download with a simple overview of all pass to make a quick choice.

With the amount of traveling you have planned if would say that an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass is the best option by far. Please see here for prices, retailers, and further details.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019