Where in Montreux does the Chocolate train depart?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2017 at 11:42:41 #811793

Hi,

I booked the chocolate train in Montreux for June but where do I go to catch it?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2017 at 14:32:19 #863196

Hi Ally and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There is just one main train station in Montreux. Are you staying in Montreux prior to departure and need to know how to get to the train station? It is labeled Montreux Gare on Google Maps.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 3:55:27 #863197

Hi Lucas,

What I meant was do we just gather at the train station and someone will meet my group there? There are 5 of us. Is it like some sort of guided tour and everyone on the train goes to the same places together? I’m rather confused as to what happens after we have booked the train. We will have the Swiss Travel Pass. Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 8:04:12 #863198

Yes, there is a set schedule for the chocolate train. As far as I’m aware you won’t meet anyone at the station though – you board the train on your own but transfers are arranged to get to the factories.

This PDF brochure may give you a better idea – scroll down for English. I haven’t down the trip myself so I can’t be more specific. Other members may have more details for you if you are still unsure.

Or contact the Golden Pass company (MOB) (or whomever you booked with) directly.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Where in Montreux does the Chocolate train depart?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.