How to get from Wengen to Innsbruck & which pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2016 at 15:24:54 #810294

Hi, I tried to view the timetable for a train from Interlaken to Innsbruck on December 19. We first have to reach Interlaken from Wengen. When I type in Interlaken Ost (I am only guessing that this is the station) and Innsbruck, I get this message on the OBB website: ”unfortunately there was no route found. Please try entering an intermediate (via) station.

Please try again.”

How will we get from Interlaken to Innsbruck?

Also: on the Jungfrau.ch site there are 12 Jungfrau passes to choose from and it is very confusing. We will be arriving in Wengen on December 15. We will be there for 3 full days (December 16, 17, 18) before we leave on the 19th. Please does anybody have advice for me? Should one for instance look at the 3 day pass and take the chance of not using it because of bad weather? Or should we only buy tickets once there? I presume one shouldn’t buy tickets for Jungfraujoch before the actual day. I did try to search for ticketprices so that we can budget, but I can’t type in any dates after November 26.

I don’t know why planning a holiday should be so stressful.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 October 2016 at 15:49:47 #856820

Hi Vanessa,

The timetable discussed in your other threads can be used for a trip to Innsbruck too. Just fill out Wengen and Innsbruck.

As for the pass: various passes and how to pick one has been discussed in your other threads as well. Did you follow the instructions for the price wise comparison? It basically means that you should list all (expected) trips within Switzerland, then compare a few passes, and finally pick the cheapest and/ore most convenient one. Just a pass for the Jungfrau region probably does not make sense as you have planned traveling in other regions too. The actual Jungfraujoch ticket indeed does not need to be purchased in advance as it is weather dependent.

• The thread ‘How to get from Wengen to Innsbruck & which pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.