How to get from Zurich to Sedrun

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2010 at 5:46:47 #803762

Spending 6 days in Sedrun next summer, heading there from Zurich airport. How should I travel to Sedrun by train/bus? Any nice stops I could make during my trip? I want this trip to be an interesting part of my stay in Switzerland. Would appreciate any suggestions on itinerary and highlights!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2010 at 9:30:36 #831070

Hello Mark, you might want to take a break along the Walensee, it’s beautiful there!

Bye, Jules

Arno
    15482 posts
    10 April 2010 at 1:38:29 #831071

Hi Mark,

The easiest way from Zürich aiport to Sedrun would be a train ride. The shortest route via Göschenen and Andermatt is beautiful, as the train climbs the Oberalp pass between Andermatt and Sedrun. There’s a train station on the pass. If you don’t have a lot of luggage to carry along, you can consider to get of the train there and take a 3 hour hike to the source of the river Rhine. For information, please contact the Sedrun tourist office.

Another route would be via the town of Chur. You can store your luggage at the rail station and explore the historic heart of the town, or visit one of its museums, e.g. the Museum of Nature. The train from Chur to Sedrun crosses a beautiful part of the Rhine valley.

Please consult the Swiss timetable to plan your trip in detail.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2010 at 6:40:52 #831072

Thanks Jules and Arno. I’ll take a look at your suggestions. Seems that there are plenty of options for a spectacular inbound trip!

• The thread ‘How to get from Zurich to Sedrun’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.