Ticket Milan-Lauterbrunnen with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
CJ5
CJ5
18 posts
May 21, 2018 - 12:24 AM

Traveling from Milan to lauterbrunnen by train in August. will have Swiss travel pass. Which web site do i purchase train ticket where it will not charge me for the entire train ride? I know I have to pay for the train in italy, but I read that you can just stay on the train to Lauterbrennen? But if I enter information for that ticket where do I indicate we have Swiss travel pass so not charged for that portion? too confusing.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3987 posts
expert
May 21, 2018 - 4:00 AM in reply to CJ5

Have you read www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy.

If you plan the trip using the SBB Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) you can buy tickets for the whole route. You nominate GA 2cl (if you have a 2nd Class STP) to get the right disocunt (100%) for the Swiss section of the trip.

You won't stay on the same train all the way to Lauterbrunnen but the timetable will tell you where to change.

Arno
Arno
11279 posts
expert &
May 21, 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hi CJ5,

All you need is a train ticket from Milan to Chiasso (the border) from any of the sites here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price. From Chiasso your Swiss Travel Pass will be valid. You don't even need to get off the train in Chiasso.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3987 posts
expert
May 21, 2018 - 10:53 AM in reply to Arno

Isn’t it a bit quicker via Domodossola Arno?

Arno
Arno
11279 posts
expert &
May 21, 2018 - 12:11 PM in reply to rockoyster

Sure, you are right Rockoyster!

CJ5, if you prefer the quickest route (so not via the Gotthard Panorama Express/Golden Pass for example), then buy to Domodossola instead of Chiasso.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018