Which Prepaid Data SIM Card for Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2015 at 13:03:41 #807657

We will be in Switzerland for 10 days holidays in September. In order to have internet data access, I though it might be useful to purchase a local data sim card which I can use or share with the group.

Can anyone share with me how could I purchase the card, either at the arrival Zurich Airport or purchase online?

Thank you very much

Chng TH

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 July 2015 at 14:52:28 #844873

Hi Chng TH,

I am currently using this SIM Card: http://www.simlystore.com/en/ buy-prepaid-sim-card/switzerland-prepaid-data-sim-card.html.

It includes 1 Gb of data for € 35.90. That’s quite cheap and plenty of data for a regular holiday. The card is using the network of the national carrier Swisscom. It works well for me. Very good reception, even in various remote areas.

They ship it for free. You need to insert it in your phone after arrival in Switzerland. Instructions are included.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2015 at 15:16:12 #844874

Thank you, Arno,

I will try to buy one. Can that he used for WiFi router or hot spot?

Tks

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 July 2015 at 16:25:38 #844875

Hi Chng TH,

The page I referred to says it’s “Mobile Wifi and Router compatible” (click the “Product summary” tab to see), I did not try that myself though.

Have good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2015 at 2:59:16 #844876

Thank you Arno,

I missed that. It means it is ok to use as Wifi Router.

Thank so much

Chng TH

• The thread ‘Which Prepaid Data SIM Card for Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.