Sleeper train reservation with Eurail Global Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 4:36:46 #823817

Hello!

I am looking to travel from Zurich to Bratislava via night train on the evening of October 15th. I’d like to book the train that departs at 21.40 and arrives in Bratislava at 7.40 the next morning.

I will have a Eurail Global Pass, so as I understand, I only need to make a reservation. When I look at the oebb website, I can only find the option to buy full tickets. I am only able to access the mobile site, so maybe that makes a difference.

I considered waiting until I arrive in Switzerland and asking at the train station, but I don’t arrive until September 28th. Is that leaving it too late?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you for any help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 10:59:07 #922052

Hi Aderoy,

Yes, with the Eurail Global Pass you need just the seat/bed reservation.

Have you tried via these resellers at http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/austria/pri ce?

Sometimes they are not asking for the rail pass you already have in the beginning but just in the end. Try these and let me know if you could manage it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 23:13:38 #922053

I looked at Nightjet’s own page (you should always go to the actual operator of the train for the best information…) and found this statement:

Holders of Interrail or Eurail tickets require a seat reservation in their desired category to travel on ÖBB Nightjet trains. These “Pass” tickets are available at the ticket counter or through the ÖBB Customer Service at +43 5 1717. All seats can be booked with 2nd class.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 23:16:55 #922054

In my opinion (50 years experience and expertise in European rail travel) it is always best to go to the actual operator of a train service for the best information.

Switzerland – Austria trains are now all run by Austrian Federal Railways. Day trains are called Railjet and night trains are called Nightjet

Nightjet has its own web site:

http://www.nightjet.com/en/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2019 at 2:52:17 #922055

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction! I have successfully made my reservation 🙂

• The thread ‘Sleeper train reservation with Eurail Global Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.