How to take a train from Paris-Luzern-Amsterdam?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
suzanne3030
suzanne3030
4 posts
Mar 18, 2017 - 5:52 AM

Hi Arno & Lucas

I need some help on my transportation planning

I will be travelling from Paris to Luzern on 12 April 2017 and will be heading to Amsterdam on 14 April 2017.

In the previous post, Arno suggested to take a train from Paris to Basel. So from there, how am I getting to Luzern? Any suggestion?

I would need some suggestion from Luzern to Amsterdam. Should I take a train all the way from Luzern to Amsterdam or I go from Luzern to Basel Airport and take a flight over to Amsterdam?

Thanks

Annika
Annika
5005 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2017 - 8:44 AM in reply to suzanne3030

Hi suzanne3030!

You can easily get from Basel to Lucerne. The timetable lists all connection; the quickest connection takes about 1 hour. Likewise, the timetable will help you to find international connections from Lucerne to Amsterdam (enter "Amsterdam Centraal" as your destination). You'll have to change trains in Basel indeed. If you search a bit, you'll find connections with only one change in Basel and a direct train all the way from Basel to Amsterdam, e.g. the InterCityExpress leaving Basel at 15:13 on April 14.

Does this help you out?

suzanne3030
suzanne3030
4 posts
Mar 18, 2017 - 12:10 PM in reply to Annika

HI Anikka

Thank you very much for all the information. I can't wait for my trip to Switzerland soon!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019