How to validate your pass by self

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2011 at 3:17:05 #804668

Hello Suvajit!

1) Yes, your Swiss Saver Pass is valid between Basel and Interlaken. Just make sure your pass is validated before using it. You can either do this yourself or have your pass stamped in the train from Paris to Basel or at the Basel railway station. Please review the map we link to at the Swiss Saver Pass page, under the header ‘Swiss Pass features’: it shows the exact network of validity throughout the country.

2) Train travel between Interlaken Ost is free up to Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen/Wengen. From there, a 25% discount applies to the rest of the Jungfraujoch trip, so you have to purchase 25% discounted train tickets. Fares can be found through the Swiss timetable and at the Jungfrau Railways website.

3) Mt. Titlis can be reached by cable car from Engelberg. Trains run from Lucerne to Engelberg. The Swiss timetable and the Mt. Titlis website will help you plan your trip.

Annika
    Moderator MySwissAlps.com

can u pls explain how pass can be validated by self.
    i m travelling from frankfurt to basel bad and want to go zurich
    the train which i plan is going from frankfurt to zurich
    my train ticket is from frankfurt to basel bad and then my swiss pass, if get down at basel bad and then validate my pass then i miss this train and next train with change
    as i have luggage also can u pls help me if i can validate my pass byself or at frankfurt station

thnks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 May 2011 at 10:55:35 #834112

Hi starworld,

The validation method is determined by the reseller you purchased from. Either:
    1) you need the pass to be validated by railway personnel (they stamp it). You need to ask the personnel of the train to Zurich to do that for you. Please ask them before you reach Basel.
    2) or you can validate the pass yourself by writing your name and passport number in the designated fields. If you’re not sure what to do, you may ask railway personnel in the train as well.

In either case, you should have received instructions about validating your pass.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2011 at 9:35:49 #834113

I also ordered my halbtax pass for one month but didn’t receive any instructions on how to validate it. It does have two empty lines on the right though. One is completely empty and on the other line Pass/ID-nr is written.

Is it correct that these lines are for 1. my name and 2. my ID number?

I’m just confused that there were no instructions and that it doesn’t say I need to fill out my name.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 June 2011 at 10:21:05 #834114

Hi danielnl,

That’s indeed what these lines are for. Your name should be spelled like it is spelled on your passport/ID.

Enjoy the Swiss trains!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2011 at 8:22:20 #834115

Dear Moderator,

If one begins journey say at 11 PM and reaches destination after 12 PM (Technically next day), will a day be lost ?

Which date has to be written on the pass ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 September 2011 at 12:59:08 #834116

Hello wajid,

A Swiss rail pass allows you to finish your trip that night, even after 12 PM. You may continue traveling until 5 AM on the day following the travel day. So if you’d like to start traveling on September 4, 11 PM, you would validate your pass for September 4, and you can keep traveling until 5 AM on September 5.

• The thread ‘How to validate your pass by self’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.