Hut to hut - Rotstockhütte to Obersteinberg?

Hut to hut - Rotstockhütte to Obersteinberg?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
dmahler99
dmahler99
6 posts
Mar 21, 2017 - 9:03 PM

in early July, we (2 of us) are doing 3 nights in Murren, followed by one night in each of two hut, followed by a night in Murren (ahhh - showers) ... we are going from Murren to Rotstockhütte to Obersteinberg to Murren. I very much want to try the hut to hut idea (we will leave luggage in Murren and carry what we need).

does anyone have comments or experience with this hike, especially Rotstockhütte to Obersteinberg? on staying in these huts? how is the food (can they do gluten free)?

thanks much

Don M

Lucas
Lucas
3096 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2017 - 8:22 AM in reply to dmahler99

Hi Don,

I haven't done hut to hut hikes yet, but from what I hear and see they are fairly basic - I wouldn't be confident about gluten free no. Here is the link for the Rotstockhütte (hut). You will need to contact them for reservations and you can ask more specific questions to them.

To get an idea about this and other options and experiences try this link for the Swiss Alpen Club as they have a lot of great information. We also have a post on this subject that you can read about here and if you search for 'hut' in our search box above you can find general hut information from other members questions and trip reports.

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 22, 2017 - 8:26 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017