Immigration regulation with Indian passport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2016 at 4:05:45 #810152

I am in indian Passport holder and would be arriving at Geneva from Amsterdam. I have a Schengen multi entry visa and would be clearing the Schengen formalities at Amsterdam as that is my point of entry into the EU. Would I be required to undergo any additional formalities when I land at Geneva?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 September 2016 at 6:35:28 #856188

Hi prkashyap,

No, I don’t think so, although there can be checks at any time for anyone at the airports. But the Schengen formalities should not apply in Geneva in your case. This is not my area of expertise though. If you want to be 100% sure you will need to ask the embassy which issued your visa.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2016 at 12:10:16 #856189

Hi prkashyap

No. any formalities is not required. you are free to enter and exit as many times as you want- as long as your visa valid. In geneva airport they just do usual checking.. They may ask some simple question —a) how many days you will stay? from here what is your next destination?when you plan to go back to india etc. dont worry be happy.

• The thread ‘Immigration regulation with Indian passport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.