Which base village & accommodation for Swiss trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 18:52:13 #814427

Hi great souls

I am planning for a trip to swizerland along with my 70 year old mom in may 2018.

While I had decided what all places I want to visit I am still confused what should be the vase of my long stay.

I want to stay at one place and travel rather than staying in different places.

Earlier I thought I will stay in engelburg in titlis resort but found that is very far odd from jungfraujoch.

I would like to have both mountain excursion that is mount titlis as well as jungfraujoch in conjunction with swiss pass.

Can someone suggest a good apartment or a hotel and the region.

The prerequisites are

The apartment should be close to station

There should be nearby some department store

It should not be at 2nd or third floor where my mom face problem in climbing

Looking for kind valuable suggestions please

Regards

Poly

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 20:42:54 #876802

Hi poulami and welcome to MySwissAlps,

What are your exact travel days? And could you give us an indication of your budget? If you provide us with this information then we will try to see if we can come up with some suggestions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2018 at 6:51:10 #876803

Hi

my exact date of travel is from 13th Nay 2018 to 20th May 2018 where I have my flight from Zurich at 9.30 am

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2018 at 8:01:28 #876804

Thanks poulami. And what would you like to spend (more or less) on accommodation per night?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2018 at 9:06:33 #876805

What are the usual rates?

1000 1500 chf for whole duration should be good enough I ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2018 at 16:24:20 #876806

Hi Poulami,

It’s of course not easy to find something that meets all your criteria. I found two apartments in Grindelwald which are on the ground floor and from what I could see on the map, close to the station:

If the text appears in German, you can switch to English at the right top of your screen.

Grindelwald is in the Jungfrau Region. Read more about Grindelwald: http://www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald

When you go to the Grindelwald web page, you’ll find a tab with hotel suggestions. You may want to check Wengen as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ngen. I couldn’t find any available apartments on the ground floor. Perhaps there’s a hotel you like.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    19 March 2018 at 18:13:51 #876807

A very scenic village is Guarda.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
  • The thread ‘Which base village & accommodation for Swiss trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.