Which base village & accommodation for Swiss trip?

Which base village & accommodation for Swiss trip?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
poulami
poulami
4 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 6:52 PM

Hi great souls

I am planning for a trip to swizerland along with my 70 year old mom in may 2018.

While I had decided what all places I want to visit I am still confused what should be the vase of my long stay.

I want to stay at one place and travel rather than staying in different places.

Earlier I thought I will stay in engelburg in titlis resort but found that is very far odd from jungfraujoch.

I would like to have both mountain excursion that is mount titlis as well as jungfraujoch in conjunction with swiss pass.

Can someone suggest a good apartment or a hotel and the region.

The prerequisites are

The apartment should be close to station

There should be nearby some department store

It should not be at 2nd or third floor where my mom face problem in climbing

Looking for kind valuable suggestions please

Regards

Poly

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 19, 2018 - 8:42 PM in reply to poulami

Hi poulami and welcome to MySwissAlps,

What are your exact travel days? And could you give us an indication of your budget? If you provide us with this information then we will try to see if we can come up with some suggestions.

poulami
poulami
4 posts
Feb 20, 2018 - 6:51 AM

Hi

my exact date of travel is from 13th Nay 2018 to 20th May 2018 where I have my flight from Zurich at 9.30 am

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2018 - 8:01 AM in reply to poulami

Thanks poulami. And what would you like to spend (more or less) on accommodation per night?

poulami
poulami
4 posts
Feb 20, 2018 - 9:06 AM

What are the usual rates?

1000 1500 chf for whole duration should be good enough I ?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 20, 2018 - 4:24 PM in reply to poulami

Hi Poulami,

It's of course not easy to find something that meets all your criteria. I found two apartments in Grindelwald which are on the ground floor and from what I could see on the map, close to the station:

If the text appears in German, you can switch to English at the right top of your screen.

Grindelwald is in the Jungfrau Region. Read more about Grindelwald: www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald

When you go to the Grindelwald web page, you'll find a tab with hotel suggestions. You may want to check Wengen as well: www.myswissalps.com/we ngen. I couldn't find any available apartments on the ground floor. Perhaps there's a hotel you like.

Last modified on Feb 20, 2018 - 4:25 PM by Chantal
Snowman
Snowman
127 posts
Mar 19, 2018 - 6:13 PM

A very scenic village is Guarda.

Snowman
Snowman
127 posts

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018