Incorrectly reserved Glacier Express to Andermatt

• Mandatjie
    Participant
    2 posts
    5 February 2020 at 11:56:29 #825114

Hi Experts

my husband and me are planning a trip to Switzerland the 1-5 of May. I bought a Swiss Travel Pass Consecutive (4 days) and yesterday i made a seat reservation on the Glacier Express (we wanted to go from Zermatt to St Morris) but i must have made a mistake as i received my tickets and its from Zermatt to Andermatt??ive contacted them but they told me i cznt change or cancel it! Ive paid CHF 74! Please advice me how to reserve our seats to St Morris without having to loose this money please

thank hou

Amanda

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 February 2020 at 12:25:40 #929550

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Unfortunately seat reservations can’t be cancelled or changed, wherever you buy them. It’s a policy of the Swiss railways that I don’t like, but it’s the way it is. You could try to be at the station early and check with the staff if you can complete your trip with those incomplete reservations, and pay the extra amount (if any) at the station. But this is risky as they can stick to the rules, and the seats can theoretically be booked from Andermatt. However, if they refuse you can always get off the train in Andermatt and take a regular train to St. Moritz without any costs (same views, see http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress). So you’ll be alright either way.

The only other option would be to buy new reservations, or additional ones from Andermatt, whichever is cheaper.

Mandatjie
    Participant
    2 posts
    5 February 2020 at 13:16:50 #929551

Thank you Arno, i will look in to the options

• The thread ‘Incorrectly reserved Glacier Express to Andermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.