Inexpensive itinerary suggestion - 3/4 nights

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
saurabh1981
saurabh1981
8 posts
Aug 8, 2016 - 1:23 PM

Hello Friends,

Hope everyone is doing well and are in the best of their health !

I am reaching out to you for your suggestions on a short trip of Switzerland, i need to plan from 24th till 28th September, for 4 nights, involving less/moderate travel and appreciating scenic beauty.

We are based in Frankfurt and had visited Switzerland, for 7 days covering, Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich and been to Mt Titlis and Mt Schilthorn last year Thus we are planning to go to a different area , at a place which we havent seen before , may be less touristy but equally visually appealing. since we will be travelling with a 2 year old baby , a moderate hike or a lake side valley or a waterfall will be an ideal spot for us, which is not very EXPENSIve please.

Can you please pour in some ideas, for regions , not in the list above, which may be covered in3 nights preferably closer to the germany border, ideal around end of september.

27th is my wife's Birthday and I want to make it special :) so .... requesting your inputs for the same !

Cheers

Saurabh

Arno
Arno
14100 posts
expert &
Aug 9, 2016 - 10:42 AM

Welcome back Saurabh,

The page myswissalps.com/ wheretogo is a good place to start exploring for options. Apart from the areas listed there, you might be interested in the lakes between Biel and Yverdon-les-Bains: www.juradreiseenland.c h. This is near the Jura mountain range. Another option is the Walensee region, or "Heidiland" in tourism terms: www.heidiland.com. How to plan, including tips on saving money, can be found here: myswissalps.com/ plantrip/doityourself.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6862 posts
expert
Aug 13, 2016 - 1:42 AM in reply to saurabh1981

The "Three Lakes Region" mentioned by Arno is a possibilty

A few pictures are attached.

Slowpoke.

Please login to see the attached documents

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019