Info. Rail passes, PostBus and Alpine Ticket

• Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    26 April 2010 at 4:25:24 #803791

Although using e.g. a Swiss Pass you may have to purchase an Alpine Ticket on certain tourist routes of the PostBus.

Here you’ll find more information on this subject.

PDF-files can be downloaded: 1. Alpine Ticket: PostBus tourist routes and 2. Which rail passes require an Alpine Ticket.

Thought it might be interesting.

Bye,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    26 April 2010 at 10:48:18 #831139

Thank you so much, Wandermann, for sharing this! It’s such valuable information.

With all rail passes of the Swiss Travel System (STS), a surcharge or Alpine Ticket is required on some post bus routes. Children travel for free on these sections if you order a free STS Family Card along with your rail pass.

You can arrange for your post bus seat reservation by following the instructions at the seat reservation page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2010 at 14:07:41 #831140

Hi Wandermann, that’s interesting information. I have had a few occasions where I wondered if I should pay a surcharge for the post bus. Thanks for pointing this out!

Bye, Jules

• The thread ‘Info. Rail passes, PostBus and Alpine Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.