About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Interlaken - Brienz boat cruise in May
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Interlaken - Brienz boat cruise in May

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jshah
Jshah
1 post
Feb 5, 2020 - 6:14 AM

Hi all,

I am visiting interlaken on 10th May and would like to do the boat cruise from interlaken to Brienz via the Giesschbach falls. However I reach Interlaken only by 12.15 PM and notice that there are only two cruises post that time 1.07 PM and 3.07 PM. Are these times only for winter? Will new services run during the spring season? Also is Reiscbach waterfalls better? Thanks for your help😊

Ildiko
Ildiko
1023 posts
top member &
Feb 5, 2020 - 7:20 AM in reply to Jshah

Hi Jshah and welcome to MySwissAlps,

you can get information regarding the boat cruise on Lake Brienz at www.myswissalps.com/boatlakebrienz. If you scroll down, you'll find the timetables under the "More on other websites". Usually there is a big difference between the summer the winter timetables.

You can use also the SBB timetable at www.myswissalps.com/timetable too. I've checked and yes these are the only times I can see too: 13:07 and 15:07.

I guess you mean the Reichenbach falls, right? I haven't seen the Giessbach falls yet, but I loved the Reichenbach falls. There is an easy up walk there from the falls to a restaurant called Gasthaus Zwirgi, where you can walk back to the funicular or you can use the trottbikes (monster bikes). The walk is in the woods and takes just around 30 mins.

If you like falls I recommend these too: www.myswissalps.com/hiking/lauterbrunnen-stechelberg/route and www.truemmelbachfaelle.ch/e/.

Ildiko

Also see:

Last modified on Feb 5, 2020 - 7:20 AM by Ildiko
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
7539 posts
expert
Feb 6, 2020 - 1:09 AM in reply to Jshah

Hi Jshaha-

In case that link did not work for you, try this one:

www.bls.ch/en/fahren/unterwegs-mit/schiff#time.from:06.02.2020,time.to:05.06.2020

Slowpoke

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020