Interlaken Ost to Venice with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rico2016
Rico2016
2 posts
Aug 2, 2016 - 5:51 AM

Hi guys,

I need some guide on how to travel from Interlaken Ost (staying in Hotel Interlaken) to Venice.

Here is what the time table gave me (travel by trains):

Interlaken Ost > Spiez station > Milano Centrale station > Venezia Mestre station

This is for September 12,2016. Depart @ 7:29 and arrive @ 13:58 (6:29 total trip), 2x change, 2nd class.

Is this the best route?

I have a couple questions also.

1. I just purchased a Swiss Travel Pass so that covers the cost from Interlaken Ost > Spiez station right?

2. Does the Swiss Travel Pass cover the cost from Spiez > Milano Centrale? If not, does the pass give me at least a discount?

3. Milano Centrale > Venezia Mestre Station.......do i need to pre-purchase the tickets in advance or just buy the tickets at the station?

Hopefully someone can help me out on this. Thanks in advance.

Arno
Arno
13977 posts
expert &
Aug 2, 2016 - 7:21 AM

Hi Rico2016, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1./2. Your Swiss Travel Pass covers the trip all the way to Domodossola. Please see the map: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity.

3. You need a ticket from Domodossola to Venice. You'd better buy that in advance so you can stay seated and avoid booked out trains: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy/ price.

Have a great trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019