Interlaken: Things to see apart fm Jungfrauvoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2015 at 8:33:47 #806923

Hi,

First of all let me say that this forym has been extremely helpful in helping me plan my travel to Switzerland. I have been reading through the various posts and found a wealth of information.

i had a specifc query regarding my itinerary. Right now this is how i have strcutured my plan:

Day 1: Arrive in Lucerne (from Frankfurt); spend day in Lucerne

Day 2: Lucerne-Engelberg-Lucerne (to see Mt Titlis)

Day 3: Lucerne – Interlaken

Day 4: Interlaken-Jungfrauvoch-Trummelbach falls

Day 5: Interlaken – Zurich (to see Rhine Falls)

Day 6: Fly out of Zurich (flight at 11.00am)

I am running on a tight schedule and was wondering if i could reduce the trip by a day. For e.g can i travel to Interlaken on day 2 itself and on Day 3 go to Jungfrauvoch and Trummelbach and then Zurich. So basically I am doing away with Day 3. Most of the posts i read indicated that Interlaken is used mainly to go to Jung and otherwise there is nothing much to see there. Let me know if this is not true and what are some of the places i can visit. If not i would be keen to cut by travel by a day.

TIA

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 February 2015 at 8:22:21 #841847

Hi Tia,

I’m glad to hear you find our website useful! Interlaken is a practical city with shops and good train connections to the region and the rest of Switzerland, but it’s not a pretty city to go sightseeing. However, it’s the center of a wonderful region that has a lot more to offer than just the Jungfraujoch (mind the spelling!). You can stay there for weeks and do something different every day. Please see the Interlaken page to get started.

So yes, you can shorten your trip like you proposed, but it’s good to have a little spare time. You need good weather for the mountain trips. If it all depends on one day you may miss the views. Being flexible and going up when the weather is fine is the best advice here. If the weather turns out to be good every single day there are plenty of other things to see.

Be sure to look into a suitable rail pass for your plans.

• The thread ‘Interlaken: Things to see apart fm Jungfrauvoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.