Interlaken to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2012 at 19:17:04 #805020

I have the 2for 1 Swiss Saver pass. I need suggestion as to how to use it effectively in Jungfrau.

1.In the Jungfrau site – the ticket from Kleine Schidig to Jungfraouch is the cheapest. So does Swiss Saver cover from Interlaken till Kleine Schidig (I think its via lauterbrunnen). Please suggest.
    2. What is the best & the fastest way to catch up the Glacier Express from INterlaken. I have already reserved the journey from St Moritz to Zermatt (or the other way – need to check). I know that it will take atleast 3 hours to catch any station of Glacier Express – I was thinking I can leave Interlaken at 7:30AM and reach Chur (to catch Glacier express at 11:15AM). This way I can still retain journey Chur to Brig. I can stay overnight at Brig and leave to Milan the next day on my way to Venice.

Is my plan feasible? or is it just too much for Glacier Express and I can rather visit city like Lucern (nearby) and go to Milan from there?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 March 2012 at 11:46:57 #835162

Hi manju.rn,

1. The Swiss Saver Pass is valid to either Wengen or Grindelwald. You get 25% off the price from there.
    2. Well, it’s quite a trip 😉 If you want to experience the Glacier Express, you should go for it like you planned. But of course there are many other options to enjoy the mountains that require less traveling. Lucerne is indeed an option, and there’s also this alternative: indeed travel to Chur but go to St. Moritz from there (another leg of the Glacier Express). The next day, travel to Milan via Tirano (the World Heritage Bernina Express route). I don’t think it’s less hours of traveling, but traveling is bit more spread over those two days. And the scenery is at least as beautiful. Just another option to choose from! It’s all beautiful.

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.