Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen in 1 night (2 days)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2017 at 20:44:33 #810982

Hi all!

First off, i would like to say thank you to anyone with experience who will take the time to sincerely help my wife and I plan a short trip to the jungfrau.

We are flying into Paris the weekend of May 5th. We only will be in Europe for 7 days but we mean to make the absolute most of it. We are definitely ignorant as to how to travel Europe but we have read quite a bit on blogs/travel sites.

We want to leave early morning one day and travel to the jungfrau to visit one or more of the following places: Interlaken (is a must see), Muerren, Lauterbrunnen, Lucerne. We know this is not going to be easy but we are really hoping to see the beautiful places you see on google images and pinterest. We love the valley of waterfalls idea. We just want to be in a valley and then at the top of some mountain or hill looking down at a valley or a waterfall. If that happens, then we are happy. We dont have tons of money to spend, but will spend some if we need to. We would rather take a train if possible.

Please help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 8:05:26 #859667

Hi emphillips and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Paris to Interlaken is about a 6 hour train ride with a connection in Basel. Click here to search for your date and times of choice. I wouldn’t be too focused on Interlaken itself – it is mostly good for train connections. I would head straight to Lauterbrunnen for you stay and exploration before having to leave Switzerland.

Check out this page for some easy hiking options that should fit what you are looking for. Hiking options are at the bottom of the page and when you click into the hiking page it will describe how to get there.

Traveling by train is by far the best option in Switzerland. Have you looked into rail passes for your stay in Europe?

I don’t have personal experience in the Lauterbrunnen area but other members do and may be able to chime in as well.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 3:23:15 #859668

I’m planning something similar so I will tell you the same… dont stay in Interlaken, go directly to Lauterbrunnen, and go to Gimmelwald Murren and Schilthorn summit.

i recommend this site: http://www.seat61.com

• The thread ‘Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen in 1 night (2 days)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.