Is Golden Pass/Boat ride a benefit on Eurail?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2017 at 11:13:49 #813530

I’ll be spending a 4D3N in Switzerland end of this month and have purchased a 4-day Eurail pass to be used to travel from Italy-Switzerland, then back. I’m planning to go on the boat ride (Lake Brienz) from Interlaken, then back by Golden Pass on Day 2. Just wondering if it will be considered as 1 day utilized? Or is it a benefit that I just need to show my Eurail pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2017 at 7:01:07 #871080

Hi zoethw and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Eurail Passes (I think you have the Eurail Select Pass?) does cover a boat trip on Lake Brienz as well as the trains on the Golden Pass route to Montreux.

Anytime you want to travel by boat or train on any rail pass you need to “use a day” on the rail pass yes.

You can read all about the Eurail Select Pass and where it is valid in Switzerland and Europe here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2017 at 13:03:58 #871081

Thanks thanks! 😉

• The thread ‘Is Golden Pass/Boat ride a benefit on Eurail?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.