Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Is May 2020 a good time to visit Switzerland?

Is May 2020 a good time to visit Switzerland?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Sheen
Sheen
4 posts
Nov 29, 2019 - 9:25 AM

Hi, my friends and I are considering to explore Swiss in early May 2020 but I am concern about attractions such as cable car etc being close, paragliding not possible and fewer choices of accommodation due to change of season. Any recommendation on the best time to visit that aren’t peak season but activities are still open and available?

thank you!

rockoyster
rockoyster
7837 posts
expert
Nov 29, 2019 - 10:12 AM in reply to Sheen

Mid-June and mid-September. But if you don’t have the choice, the anytime to visit Switzerland is a good time.

Anna
Anna
322 posts
top member &
Nov 29, 2019 - 11:15 AM in reply to Sheen

Hi Sheen,

May is considered an in-between season so yes, some mountain railways and cable car services may not be running due to maintenance. But in general, major tourist attractions are accessible all year, and in the valleys and lower altitudes especially, May is the best time to witness spring in its splendour.

Read this for more information about the best time to visit: www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

Regards,

Anna

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019