Is suitable to visit Zurich n interlaken on April?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2014 at 10:33:10 #806524

Hi,

I would like to visit Zurich n Interlaken on next year’s middle April or early May. If this season is suitable to visit both location? I would like to travel on mild weather that is not to warm n not to cold.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 July 2014 at 16:55:10 #840685

Hi siewmei,

You will be traveling in low season, which means that some cable cars and even some hotels and restaurants may be closed. Higher hiking trails will not be accessible due to snow, but lower ones are no problem. If you keep these limitations in mind, this is a beautiful season. Indeed it’s not too warm and not too cold, but the temperature will differ greatly with the elevation. More about the weather can be found here. I would prefer early May over April.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2014 at 12:19:36 #840686

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your info. Is there will be long holiday for 1st of May at Switzerland? Will the tourist attraction point n restaurant will close on this day?

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 July 2014 at 18:50:43 #840687

Hi siewmei,

May 1 is Labour Day. Banks and public services are often closed, but for tourist attractions and restaurants it will be business as usual.

• The thread ‘Is suitable to visit Zurich n interlaken on April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.